Alexis' Angels is a holiday gift-giving program named in honor of Alexis White, who was diagnosed with leukemia at the age of 15. Inspired by the loving memory of their daughter, Jim and Patty White deliver holiday gifts to the children of families touched by blood cancer with the help of volunteers. These Angels deliver more than just gifts -- they deliver support and cheer during the holiday season.
1. The program serves families who have a child under age 18 with a blood cancer diagnosis, where the child has received treatment within the calendar year (any time in 2015). Treatment is defined as any chemotherapy (including maintenance), a bone marrow transplant, or a stem cell transplant, and it must have been within the 2015 calendar year. A child can be in remision and still receive treatment.
2. All children (through age 17) whose primary residence is that of the selected household are eligible to be gifted through the program.
3. Families must be matched with an Angel donor in order to participate in the program -- we will do our best to find Angels for every family.
4. Financial hardship assessments are based on applicants' written summaries. No finanical documentation is required.
5. Families must be residents of Illinois or Northwest Indiana.
6. All information (application and Needs & Wishes Lists) must be submitted to apply.
1. Complete this application form
2. Complete a Needs & Wishes list for each child residing in your household (through age 17)
If your family meets the Program Guidelines, please complete this application and a Needs & Wishes List for each child under age 18 in your household.
*Completion of this application does not guarantee that you will be selected as an Alexis' Angels Gift Recipient Family.